Friday, December 6, 2013





And some inspiring thoughts from Dave Pimentel, moving forward, think I'll try fewer drawings per page, and more thought per drawing. I always feel like cramming in as much drawing as I can per sketchbook--it's like scales on a piano (but way more fun), they're exercises to me that over time should improve my drawing. But I could benefit from more reflection and self-critique after each drawing as well...go check out his blog and advice!
http://drawingsfromamexican.blogspot.com/2013/05/remember-its-art.html

2 comments:

  1. Hey Mara! I checked out that link you posted.. really loved the advice about sketchbooks. Imma keep that in mind, I think it's something I definitely need to work on :) thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey! Gah sorry, never saw this. Need to fix my notifications...glad you liked it. :) I love seeing other peoples' sketchbooks and how they approach depicting their surroundings.

    ReplyDelete